As a urologist, Dr. Alan Schrager is highly trained to treat disorders of the male and female urinary tract (bladder, ureter, kidney, and urethra) and the male reproductive system. Urology is classified as a surgical subspecialty, but because a variety of clinical problems are encountered when treating urological conditions, knowledge of internal medicine, pediatrics, gynecology, and other specialties is required.
Alan Schrager, M.D., F.A.C.S., is certified by the American Board of Urology and is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons.
- Brooklyn College
BA in Biology
- Chicago Medical School
Alpha Omega Alpha (honor medical society)
- Kings County Hospital/Downstate Medical Center
New York, NY
- Maimonides Medical Center/Downstate Medical Center
General surgery residency
- Kings County Medical Center & University Hospital/Downstate Medical Center
- U.S. Army Medical Corps, surgical services
- Ft. Belvoir VA, U.S. Army Hospital
[ back to top ]